Germantown-Lehigh Commercial Corridor
The Village are the official stewards and Corridor Managers of the 2500-2800 blocks of the Germantown Avenue Commercial Corridor, and Lehigh Ave between 11th and Hutchinson streets.
Our goal is to make The Avenue a clean, safe commercial corridor that meets neighborhood shopping needs and attracts destination shoppers.
Our key areas of service along the Germantown Ave Commercial Corridor are:
- Corridor Management: act as a bridge between property and business owners with City Agencies and Resource Providers to resolve issues
- Corridor Cleaning: provide daily cleaning of the sidewalk and greening
We aim to create an environment that:
- Builds pride in our corridor,
- Fosters mutual respect among residents and merchants, and
- Supports a renewed public image for Germantown and Lehigh.
CLEANING SCHEDULE & TRASH DAY
Here are important dates and times to remember.
- Germantown Avenue Cleaning: 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Trash Day for 2500-2600 blocks is Monday
- Trash Day for 11th Lehigh Ave – Hutchinson & Lehigh Ave is Monday
- Trash Day for 2700 – 2900 blocks is Tuesday
WHAT WE CAN DO WITH YOU
We will provide you with advice, coaching and connections to help resolve the following issues:
- Find Low-Interest Loans
- Improve Storefront Appearance
- L&I Citations
- Apply for Business Assistance Grants
- Obtain Security Cameras
- Potholes and/or Sidewalk Repair
- Short Dumping
- Graffiti Removal
Have a question about your business or property on the Corridor?
Contact Akeem J. Dixon, Director of Community & Economic Development.
- Call 215-225-7830 between 9-5 p.m., Tuesday – Thursday.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
- Expect an answer in 24-48 hours.